Free email services are everywhere these days. Lots of businesses take advantage of them. They’re a simple, cheap option when you’re just starting out. But as your business matures, using consumer-grade email can limit you. When you don’t have the flexibility, productivity, and security you need to grow, “free” starts to seem pretty expensive.
The next step is a paid business email solution that gives your small business the features and flexibility you need to reach your goals. Luckily, that’s easy with Exchange Online in Office 365.
Is your business ready to bump up to business-class email? Here are six ways you can tell:
- Data risk is keeping you up at night: You want your team to be more mobile and more collaborative, but that means exposing data to more risk. Exchange Online in Office 365 includes tools that keep data safe so people can be productive anywhere. For example, you can set up Policy Tips that alert users to common mistakes such as accidental “reply all,” copying people outside the organization, or sending confidential data. You can even wipe a device remotely if it gets lost or stolen.
- Your information is out of sync: Having trouble keeping your calendar straight? Contacts on your phone don’t match your PC? That kind of confusion is a waste of time and money. Exchange keeps everything synced so you can pick up any device and get down to work.
- Email overload is taking its toll: How much time do you and your employees spend each day just processing email? The answer is probably “way too much.” Exchange and Outlook work together to highlight what’s important, keep everything organized, and protect you from spam.
- You want to stand out: In a competitive world, you need to reinforce your brand at every possible touchpoint. Email is one of the best ways to do that—but few consumer services empower you to create a unique look and feel. Exchange does, with the ability to use custom formats and images. You can also use your own domain name so people know you’re for real.
- You want control without complexity: As your company grows, you need more control over your business email system. Exchange Online in Office 365 provides an easy-to-use, web-based admin center where you can set policies, manage devices, set up archiving, and more.
- You know that nothing’s really free: Many “free” email services make money by scanning your email and targeting ads at your users. That’s a security risk for your business and a distraction for workers. With Exchange as the email provider for your business, there’s no scanning your content and no advertising, period.
The good news? You don’t have to buy a server or spend thousands of dollars up front to get business-class email. With Exchange Online, you can use the same solution trusted by millions of companies around the world. It’s always up to date. You only pay for what you need. And you don’t have to do any of the hard work of managing the technology. So you can focus on your business and your customers.
Discover Office 365 plans that include Exchange and experience the power of business-class email for yourself.