Cyber attacks and computer viruses have become increasingly fierce, sophisticated and destructive and the biggest reason your organization needs a complete IT Security Plan. Hackers and cybercriminals are a constant threat to an organization’s IT and communication infrastructure.
The Internet, as wonderful as it is, can destroy the viability of your technology, and impede or shut down your business operations. The need to ensure your IT infrastructure is protected against these threats is invaluable. MicroAge can provide the skill and expertise to help you develop a comprehensive Business IT Continuity Plan for your organization.
- Develop and implement an IT Security Policy that spells out to your staff, vendors, and clients what steps you will take in the event of a disastrous cyber attack or computer virus. This brings peace of mind knowing that your data and IT assets will be protected and confidential no matter the circumstance.
- Secure IT systems and networks so your IT infrastructure is soundly constructed, maintained, and monitored.
- Assess the vulnerability of programs and implement a risk-management strategy with anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, firewalls and application updates.
- Protect and securely backup your data with encryption techniques, remote and automated backup solutions, and data replication in a safe, off-site location.
- Protect your IT equipment and limit physical access to IT devices such as your servers and computers using locking racks, passwords, and other security processes and strategies.
- Use control measures to limit access to your IT system to designated users only using complex passwords, multi-factor authentication processes, and privilege models with specialized access modes.
- Test and monitor your internal and external systems to detect vulnerabilities and weak spots with solutions to fix and proactively monitor them for future vulnerabilities.
It is human nature is to put off preventive maintenance, until a crisis occurs. But in this instance, an unprotected IT system could hit you where it hurts most—your bank account. Your IT Network is the backbone of your business and without a viable IT infrastructure, your business certainly wouldn’t be able to compete in today’s technology-driven marketplace. Let MicroAge It Solutions ensure that you have a Business Continuity Plan that will keep your organization up and running if an IT disaster should hit.