MicroAge Canada is an organization that values the protection of your privacy and your personal information.
The present confidentiality policy is intended to inform you of our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, retention and destruction of your personal information.
MicroAge Canada collects, uses and discloses your personal information in accordance with the Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector.
By personal information, we mean any information concerning a natural person that directly or indirectly allows that person to be identified, with the exception of information concerning the performance by the person concerned of a function within an organisation, such as his or her name, function, telephone number, postal address or e-mail address at their place of work.
By accessing the MicroAge Canada websites www.microage.ca and www.microagecanada.ca and by providing us with personal information, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose the information you provide in accordance with this policy and for the purposes set out below.
1. Who are we?
MicroAge Canada is a franchisor that offers progressive IT service provider organizations the opportunity to transform their business model efficiently and profitably.
The MicroAge franchise network has been operating in Canada since 1981, providing IT services and solutions to help their customers achieve their business objectives. The strength of the MicroAge network lies in its local presence, enabling each franchisee to understand its market and offer services tailored to the local business community.
2. What personal information do we collect?
When you visit our websites www.microage.ca and www.microagecanada.ca, we may collect and process various types of personal information about you in the course of carrying out our activities and providing our services:
- Identity information (first and last name);
- Contact details (postal address, e-mail address and telephone number);
- Any other personal information voluntarily provided via the contact form;
- Information relating to employment opportunities, such as your curriculum vitae, education, professional background and other information relevant to employment at MicroAge;
- Technical information from your computer's web browser when you visit our websites and accept the corresponding cookies. This information includes your internet address, the address of the website from which you came, the time taken to visit our site, the pages visited, the operating system and web browser software used, and the keywords used to find our websites if you reached us through a search engine. This information does not identify you directly and MicroAge Canada never links this information to individual visitors to its websites unless it is necessary to investigate a security incident.
If you are a minor under the age of 14, please do not provide us with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in several ways:
- By using the Contact Us form on our www.microage.ca website;
- By e-mail (email@example.com) when you apply for a position;
- By using the Contact Us form for information on joining our network available on our www.microagecanada.ca website;
- By means of cookies (see the provisions of Article 11 below);
4. How do we use your personal information?
Your personal information will be used in accordance with applicable legislation on the protection of personal information and in accordance with the consent you have provided.
We may therefore use your personal information in the following circumstances and for the purposes indicated, in accordance with the framework defined above:
- In order to provide our services and for the overall operation of our business, to deliver and execute these services;
- To respond to requests for information from visitors to our website;
- In order to meet and comply with applicable legal, regulatory or risk management obligations.
We will use personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected and for legitimate purposes consistent with the primary purpose.
5. With whom do we share personal information?
Please note that your personal information may be shared (in addition to with our employees) with the following third parties:
- Third party service providers and/or partners who provide website services to us, among other things, help establish, manage and maintain our relationship with you and provide products and services to us.
These third parties may have access to personal information or process it in connection with the services they provide to us. We limit the information we provide to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our written contracts with these service providers require them to take reasonable and lawful steps to maintain the confidentiality of such information;
- Franchisees in our network as part of employment opportunities postings (careers);
- Governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies when we are required to disclose such information or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws.
The personal information you provide to us via our sites is never disclosed to third parties without your consent.
We do not sell or exchange your personal information with other organisations or companies.
6. How long do we retain personal information?
We will retain your personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us and for any compatible or related permitted purposes.
We will therefore cease to use and retain your personal information as soon as the purposes in question have been fulfilled. This is subject to the application of legal or regulatory retention periods.
7. Where do we store personal information and international transfers?
Your personal information is stored on our servers and/or those of our service provider located in Quebec.
Nevertheless, your personal information may be communicated to service providers whose facilities are located outside Quebec. You therefore consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries or provinces (other than the province of Quebec) where the rules for the protection of personal information may be different.
However, we ensure that these suppliers offer adequate protection in accordance with generally accepted principles for the protection of personal information by first carrying out a privacy impact assessment and having the suppliers sign a written agreement to this effect.
8. How do we protect personal information?
We recognise that security is an integral part of the confidentiality of personal information.
We use industry best practices to ensure that personal information is protected in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
To that end, we maintain reasonable physical, technical and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, destruction and other violations of the protection of such information not in accordance with applicable law.
All MicroAge Canada employees and third party suppliers whose services we may retain and who process personal information on our behalf are also contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of personal information.
9. Links to other sites
MicroAge Canada cannot be held responsible for the policies, procedures and practices of its partners with regard to the protection of personal information.
10. What rights does an individual have with regard to his or her personal information?
10.1 Rights of access, rectification and withdrawal of consent
To access your personal information, to request a correction of your personal information or to withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of your personal information, you must send a written request to the MicroAge Canada Privacy Officer (contact information is provided at the end of this Policy)).
The request for rectification must be particularly precise and identify you correctly to allow MicroAge Canada to correct or complete the personal information deemed inaccurate or incomplete.
A request to withdraw consent will result in the person concerned no longer benefiting from the services offered by MicroAge Canada.
10.2 Processing of requests
MicroAge Canada will respond to requests for access, rectification or withdrawal of consent within 30 days in accordance with the time limits prescribed by the Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector.
All necessary assistance will be reasonably provided to data subjects who wish to access or rectify their personal information, including clarifying exactly what they are seeking.
Depending on the amount of information requested in an access request, a nominal fee may reasonably be charged to cover the costs of responding to the request.
Written notice is provided if MicroAge Canada must deny an individual access to his or her personal information for legal, regulatory or other reasons.
10.3 Your appeals to the Commission d’Accès à l’Information
If you are not satisfied with the way in which MicroAge Canada has handled your request for access to or rectification of your personal information, in particular in the event of a lack of response or an unsatisfactory response, you may submit a request to the Commission d'Accès à l'Information for a review of the disagreement.
When you use our websites, we may set a "cookie" on your computer. Cookies are small data files created by your web browser and placed on your computer. These cookies can have several functions, including improving the operation of our websites.
You can find out more about the cookies we use:
- when you first visit our websites, a cookie banner informs you of the nature of the cookies used and clearly identifies them;
- you then have the option of accepting everything, saving your preferences or refusing all cookies that are not essential to your browsing on our websites.
We automatically set the cookies required for our websites to function properly, but we set all other cookies only with your consent. These cookies are disabled by default.
You can configure your preferences and change your choices at any time during your subsequent visits to our websites.
Our websites may include social media plug-ins. These social media plugins are buttons that allow you to share your experiences on our website with others through social media platforms. These platforms set their own cookies on your devices.
12. To contact MicroAge Canada
MicroAge Canada is committed to the management and confidentiality of personal information collected through its websites.
By publishing this confidentiality policy, MicroAge Canada undertakes to protect the personal information provided on an ongoing basis.
A l’attention du Responsable de la protection des renseignements personnels
4209 aut. Des Laurentides
Laval, Québec, H7L 5W5
We may change the content of our websites and the way cookies are used.
In the event of any modification, an appropriate notice will be posted on our website.
Last update: November 14, 2023