MicroAge Prince George provides an end-to-end solution for a clients IT and physical security needs. This includes application and server hosting, virus scanning, spam filtering, local and off-site backup solutions, network cabling and monitoring, security system access and monitoring, plus website hosting, design, development, and programming.
MicroAge Technical Support Analyst, Prince George BC
Our Technical Support Analyst will support our clients to help maintain their networks, hardware, software, and overall technical environment – this includes installs, configuration, upgrades and troubleshooting issues.
- Configure, maintain, and support PCs, servers, network hardware, and associated software both internally and for our business clients.
- Diagnose software and hardware issues, as well as troubleshoot network problems. Plan and implement system security, including the specification and configuration of firewalls, and access permissions.
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to the design of network system architecture, integration, and installation.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and diagrams of infrastructure, as needed.
- Proactively identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions to maintain the integrity of infrastructure and operations.
- Follow standardized operating procedures and recommend new procedures when required.
- Design, plan, and commission IT systems individually, or as part of a team.
- Conduct installation supervision and commissioning activities for business clients.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to ensure collaborative learning and investigate new technologies to advance existing technology and infrastructure.
- As required, candidates will also create documentation for clients and technologies we are deploying as needed, order equipment and provide service to our client’s hardware.
Successful candidates will have:
Competencies and Skills:
Ability to troubleshoot on a variety of computer equipment and systems (Windows, Mac, etc.)
Exceptional face to face and telephone customer focused presence
Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
Must be able to work within a team environment, as well as on their own with minimal supervision
Must be analytical, and possess excellent communication skills and business acumen
Basic networking understanding
Exceptional customer service
Logical troubleshooting, i.e. ability to work collaboratively with team members
Valid driver’s license and fulltime access to a vehicle for daily work
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
An IT diploma or equivalent experience
Technical Certificates (A+, Network+, MCITP) are an asset
Minimum of one year of experience in the related field is required
Experience with Office365, Active Directory, Exchange
Experience with Windows 10 and Windows 7 environments
Experience working with ticketing systems and RMM platforms
Experience drafting self-help documentation
Demonstrated previous experience with computer hardware troubleshooting
What We Offer:
- Competitive remuneration and salary including a comprehensive employee benefits package – salary is commensurate with experience
- Training, coaching, and mentoring within a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth with the possibility for advancement within
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Lynda.email@example.com and reference the role you are applying for in your email.